
Friday AG, Rachel, CC, Elida, and I met at the Yaginuma's place aka De Haro household for dinner with Mie's Mom. I caught this picture of Mie - she was due July 2nd, but the little one has decided not to come out just yet. It was a little mindboggling to think that a little person is happy in there.
Food was delicious, Japanese rice, lots of fish and my favorite was the pickled radish salad, specially because it was so familiarly Vietnamese as well.
Saturday we went to Eddy and Manisha's to wish Eddy a safe journey to the Czeck. He's going back for a month to visit his entire family. We met some interesting friends of his - all young Georgians - lots of pretty girls and the guys were sweet, but we could feel the age difference. Wasn't too long ago I think that we were the young hot rockers at the party checking out the older kids.
Last night we picked up Sandy and Carla and took them to Brother's the infamous Korean BBQ. We got there and received a number from the waitress - during our wait, we ran to the Irish Bar next door to grab a drink. Came back just in time to get our seats. At this point we were starving. AG and I have been talking this up all day, and the anticipation plus the smoking hours before had our appetites way into cruise control.

We ordered tons of food, and then they sent over 2 additional dishes on the house. Not to mention all the little side dishes that come out with it, like my favorite fish patties and anchovies... I stopped early into it, my body could only take so much... and then watched the rest of the crew polish it off. We were being completely silly and just laughing the entire evening. They are such a fun couple to hang out with. At one point, they provided a little dish that had sweet rice flavored dessert. It's usually to clean the palate I believe, and I never thought of it as anything but dessert, probably because many Asians have such things. But understandably, Carla thought it was to rinse your fingers with and decided to wash them. We had a good little laugh about that. And on the way home, we turned up Billy Joel's greatest hits and sang all the way. They live close to us now, but once they move into their new house, we'll be even closer and I'm hoping we get to hang out with them more. Really, one of our favorite couples to hang out with.
When we got home, the pain really hit... my belly and intestines had been streched beyond their capacity, so much so that my back started aching. Usually at this point, I just throw up and have done with it. But because I had smoked, I dozed off and on for a good 4 more hours on the couch... and was still hurting when we rolled downstairs into bed. I woke up this morning still very much filled to the gill and in pain. One cup of coffee though helped...

Tonight I meet up with Kerry for some good catching up during dinner and possibly to have a drink with Ellen on her birthday bar hopping tour (if they decide to stop in the Mission). Tomorrow AG and I want to find a good place to watch the fireworks... I miss fireworks.
No comments:
Post a Comment