Sunday, July 23, 2006

Saturday heat wave


Next morning, I took Sashilya to Rituals for some waking up brew. Ilya and I dropped Sasha on Market - to meet up with her girlfriends and shop for wedding dresses.

Ilya and I went to brunch at Just for You in the dogpatch, ran into Charmaine from the PD's office. It was blazing hot and Ilya was so uncomfortable in his long hot shirt.

Afterwards, I trotted over to the east bay to spend some time with Smess. We walked from 2pm to 7pm... a good long walk, talking, stopping at cafe's, and shopping for an evening dress for Ven/Jen's wedding next weekend. Smesh was very good and spotted the one. I'll have to take pictures next week.

Oakland is gorgeous, parts of it. Where Smess lives (Rockridge), the greenary and foliage were amazing. I wanted to take pictures of all the flowers - but it wouldn't have done it justice. I do miss that in SF a lot.

We had a great time. It was awesome to catch up and do something mellow on the weekend, a good girl time treat.

Towards evening, Smess and I grabbed some Thai food and had an evening picnic out on her lawn. It had been gorgeous all day. Too beautiful for me to just call it an evening.

It was one of those nights as it should be in most places in the summer. The air was warm, not cold, not even cool. If there were fireflies, they would have come out. People were out and enjoying the weather.

I love nights like these in SF - they are rare (but with global warming surfacing, maybe they will become more of the norm). I'm not advocating global warming, but I can't deny enjoying one of the effects like this Saturday.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: