Rounded out the 4 day weekend by having dinner with my lovely Kerry Monday evening. We caught up while gouging down a huge chicken sandwhich over french fries and Mitchell's strawberry shake, large at St. Francis Fountain on 24th (classic Soda Fountain dating back to 1918). God, all the running I did and here I am eating tons of food all weekend, coulda been worse.Tuesday morning we got the message off Mie's blog that her contractions have started... oh my. Man, for me, that's the scariest part of the process. Imagine pushing something that big outta your tummy through a small stretched out portal. I'm feeling it for Mie and hoping that they she and the baby are doing well. It's morning and we still haven't heard from them. I'm pretty sure they are just trying to recover, but we hope to hear the joyous news soon. Did end up going for a run and watching the hot Italian boys kick Germany's ass.. ClubOne installed larger screens on their treadmills and now I can watch tv while running my 5 miles - it sounds so American and bad, but watching hot men running around pumped up and agro helps keep my mind off of the laborious parts of the run. Afterwards we headed over to Shelaine's for a good 4th of July BBQ. Afterwards, AG and I decided to the do the "Fireworks" and headed on BART to Embarcardero. It was one of the clearest and warmest SF 4th. No fog, can you believe that? The evening was gorgeous and as we began our walk towards Pier 39, the evening sunset hues made you want to pat yourself on the back for living in this awesome city. It was a perfect summer evening in SF. Although I was bundled up for a cold summer evening on the wharf, I was surprised by the cool but not cold gentle breeze. So many things to do in SF and we were sure happy to have checked this one off the list, but it'll be awhile before I muster enough energy to want to deal with such a large crowd again, even for fireworks. Got home around 11 and passed out on the couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment