Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Sister's Wedding - AZ

We rolled in Chandler, AZ at 5am. We did not like Chandler, AZ. It's a mecca for suburbanites. As I watched my sister, Hang, get ready, I realized how opposite she and I are. I don't think we even look alike. People tell us we sound alike and that we have similar mannerisms, but she voted for Bush, and that's just unforgivable ;).

She's a good person, she's just so traditional, and straight and conservative. That's just the outer layer. Growing up I was the black sheep of the family, but I think she's taken that title from me.

Here's a picture of me and my mom in our VN Ao Dai Traditional dress preparing to meet the Groom's family. I just happened to bring it along, didn't even know if it would still fit since I had it made in VN 4 years ago. The Ao Dai is made fitted so that if you gain more than 5lbs, it won't fit anymore.


Here's a picture of Thuy, a college friend of both Hang and myself, and her new man Joe. We had quite a bit of fun with them. They live in Vegas and he owns 5 restaurants. After the reception we all went to the Casino to drink and play a little blackjack. Hopefully we'll get to hang out with them some when they visit next or when we visit Vegas.

Here's a picture of my sister and her husband, Quang. He's a super sweet guy, the nicest she's ever dated (we haven't always approved of her previous attachments). His family is also super sweet and down to earth. He absolutely adores her and she abuses him a little here and there, but in all, I do think she loves him.

And here is Juliet. Hang got her 9 years ago. I remember holding Juliet in the palm of my hand, so small, so cute. She's still pretty adorable, likes to lay around and stare at people, and she loves getting her picture taken.

We were pretty happy to leave Chandler on Sunday. It took us 16 hours to drive home due to the horrific traffic that is Thanksgiving weekend. So good to be home, in SF and in our home. We love it so much here. There's no place like SF, there's no place like SF. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Scott and Christie said...

Ok that dog is too much. Reminds me of a cute jabba the hut. You look gorgeous honey. It's amazing how people in other parts of the world live, huh? I am getting a serious dose of that myself. Glad you got back safe, missing you already. See you next week, big love. xt

Scott and Christie said...

PS good to see pictures of your family, they are gorgeous!

M said...

Congrats on your decision to tie the knot! Just checked in and got updated and it looks like you've been busy. What an exciting year 2007 will be!