Saturday night we had dinner at Sandy/Carla and got a big treat hanging out and drinking with baby Nathan. He's got all of his dad's charming smile and personality and the warmth of his mom.
They've fixed up their house so beautifully, it felt like a real home, meaning for babies and families and stuff, whereas my place still feels like a bachelor's pad. I guess it's b/c that's where we are still. We love sharing our home with Andy and Allison. They make us laugh. I'm not sure I'm ready to have a huge old house to ourselves yet. There's such a sense of community sharing, well, if you have an awesome roommate like we do it, it's amazing.
More and more I've realized that I'm becoming an extrovert...the definition I like is that you get your strength from others around you, whereas an introvert finds strength within. The community I have I wouldn't trade for anything. Now, if only I can win the lotto ;).
They made to die for crab sauteed in garlic, ginger and soy sauce... It was awesome. And for dessert, we of course had Diande's.
Nathan is sucking wine off of my finger and loving it. That's some pretty cool parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment