Thursday, November 23, 2006

Pre-Turkey


Since we are driving to my sister's in AZ for thanksgiving, we decided to throw together a little shindig before we left. It was great. I hadn't cooked a turkey in 6 years. This time, I went all out and brined the turkey 4 hours before, inserted fresh sage underneath the skin, rubbed it with salt and pepper and an hour before it was done, laid strips of bacon on the turkey for the juices.

It was a beautiful bird. I didn't get pictures since I was so busy in the kitchen. We had a ton of people over and everything was delicious. Andy and Allison made some spiced cidar drink with bourbon. And we drank. There was pumpkin pie and home made fresh cream from Migdal, pumpkin cheesecake from Allison, and an amazing apple pie from Sandy/Carla. And lots of wine.

Heading out now to AZ.... to see the family.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: