Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Meeting the Helsley Clan

Saturday AG and I drove to Fresno to meet his girls - the Helsley Clan. Aliyah is 2 years old and Ava is just 4 months. They were both so cute. Aliyah is super gorgeous and spunky and Ava looks just like daddy with daddy's mellow attitude - she was fine sitting on her little chair trying to stuff her little toes in her mouth.

Helsley is one of my best friends and we go back to law school days. It was so nice to finally see another part of his life - his family, his house - a huge side of him I haven't yet seen. I still can't believe how much of him is in his daughters.
They are gorgeous aren't they? When we got there, we hung out for a bit, chatting and trying to hold Ava, but she would have none of it. The minute I picked her up she started crying - so I naturally gave her to Ari. that didn't help either. Now I know better.

Aliyah was super talkative and everywhere wanting to show us everything. We got out of the house and hung out at their pool for an hour while Helsley and AG played some weird game. Then AG and I checked into our hotel and got ready to meet them later for dinner. Helsley and Ruby took us to a very cute little fusion place and what do I order? Spaghetti and meatballs. It was a lovely evening. The next morning we met up with the family again for coffee before AG and I took off for home.

3 hours later, I walked over to Elaine's house to hang out with folks planning for BM. I couldn't help it, I started to pick up on the BM vibe and even had the nerve to tell people that maybe, just maybe there's a chance we could make it. Of course AG put a stop that talk immediately. Wishful wishful thinking on my part - sigh. I can't believe we're not going this year - it just doesn't feel right.

This morning I had my doctor's appointment and Martini is doing great. I've gained 27lbs - 2 more from last visit. My pelvis is stretching again which means that my back is hurting - but not as bad as before. I was a little upset yesterday when I found small stretchmarks. I was hoping I'd be lucky enough not to get any. So far, they aren't huge and scary looking, just small little ones here and there, mostly below the belly button - and 2-3 on the sides.

No comments: