Thursday, July 19, 2007

Movie night: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

AG and I broke out of our regular routine of sitting in front of the TV and vegging out by having dinner at the Bloomingdale mall (they have higher end mall food ;)) and watching Harry Potter's Order of the Phoenix. The critics gave it a B+ and I would more or less agree with that. It's darker and better than the last 3 or 4 Potter movies, and the acting has improved, but there's still something missing. It's that "umph" or magic that gels a movie together. Perhaps it's missing a soul? During the movie, AG had one hand on my belly so Martini could entertain him throughout the movie as kicked and squirmed for a good 2 hours.

I made it through the movie without having to run to the bathroom, but just barely. Probably wasn't good for me to hold on that long, but we were stuck in the middle with people on both sides and I always feel terrible getting up during the movie and interrupting other people's experience. Probably my last in theater movie until Martini arrives.

One of the previews that caught our attention though was the Golden Compass - out of nowhere. Another fantasy movie, and as AG puts it - what the Narnia movie should have been like - dark, scary and with character development, plot, and depth, not just a CGI experience.

Earlier today I borrowed Mie's birthing ball. We start our childbirth class tonight at 6:30... oh boy - it's all starting to happen... the last things to do before the home stretch. The Natural Resource center subscribes to Ina May's natural childbirth philosophy which I'm so greatful that I've read and agree with.

No comments: