Sunday, July 08, 2007

Tesla's first Bday


Friday night we did absolutely nothing. I bought candles and little odd/ends for the house from Ikea and AG and I hung out at home watching tv for a bit then lounging downstairs in the bedroom talking and laughing until we passed out.
Saturday we leisurely lounged in bed until 10am, then made breakfast with the ipod on instead of the tv. By 4pm we headed to the Yaginuma's to celebrate Tesla's first birthday. I made her this BM hat - I had hoped to be more ambitious with the intention of completing the outfit with leg warmers - but somehow, the day flew by. When we got there, it was chaotic. Children and adults running everywhere. I had a brief future flash of me being in this sitatuation next year with Martini and I almost started hyperventilating. Thankfully, I snuck in the bedroom with Lenira and Rachel to talk for a bit. By the time we emerged, some of the chaos had died down.
Later that evening we drove to Hotel Utah to support Eli and Shannon and the Pistol Opera. It was very loud and AG was being quite protective. He was concerned that we might be blowing out Martini's developing eardrums. What a cute dad. Thankfully the set finished before midnight and we swiftly checked out. AG left this morning for New Orleans and I slept in until 4pm - completely wiped out lately. Could be all the weight I'm carrying now or could be all the work going into Martini. Whatever it is, I'm exhausted.
Just finished dinner and a warm bath - snuggled up in my bed. The pups are napping at the end of the bed and the house is extremely quiet without AG. I'm not used to it, but should enjoy it for the next couple of months.
Martini has been very active lately and for even longer periods of time. Today she was squirming around for a good hour, continuously. I am so excited to meet her, only 10 weeks remaining.

No comments: