This week, your baby measures about 16 inches long. She weighs a little over 3 pounds and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
I think I am going into a growth spurt. First part of my 3rd trimester I was starting to get finicky and naseous about food. But starting the last week, I've been eating and eating and drinking large amounts of liquid. I just downed 24oz of ice tea in 15 minutes. My stomache feels stretched at the moment - like I swallowed a bowling ball. And I'm still amazed at how big I've gotten. It's an odd experience. When I'm sleeping and the weight is off me, I don't feel "pregnant" unless I roll over and the weight catches up to me. Mentally I don't see my pregnancy, but when I do catch myself passing by and see the belly - then I impress myself. Last night, my back started aching again and I couldn't find a comfortable position until well past 3am. This morning my sides and ribs ache - probably from Martini kicking me throughout the night.
It was surprising to wake up this morning to a drizzling day. It's not often that it rains during the summer here. But I like it. It's refreshing and god knows we need the rain. It's also warm rain which I love. Perhaps I couldn't sleep last night due to the weather change. I know people who are sensitive to weather changes. I've talked to several friends who loved being pregnant. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I do enjoy the experience of creating life - but I'm not sure I love being pregnant. I miss running, and moving about quickly and getting things done. I miss drinking wine and not always worrying about what I eat to feed Martini. I miss being thin and physical. And I completely miss sleeping on my belly!!!! Maybe mothers romanticize their pregnancy once the baby's out. They do say mother nature has a way of wanting you to forget the discomforts and pains of births/pregnancy so the species can continue. It'll be interesting how I feel about this in a year.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You won't be pregnut much longer my dear! I am outta the woods this weekend for a quick spell, lets have a chat!xoxo
Post a Comment