
Friday night Grandma K came down from Humboldt and we went for Vietnamese and opened more gifts for Martini - clothes galore. Saturday morning we made breakfast, ran to Costco and then met up with Grandparents Al and Chris. They got us a Zooper Stroller - deluxe. It's beautiful with lots of awesome gadgets including a snappable sleeping bag and a matching red diaper bag for AG. I've never seen him so excited about baby stuff, but I guess it's a little high tech. He even read the directions, which amazed me to no end.


Afterwards, we all took a drive to South SF for our 3D-4D ultrasound to meet Martini. And here she is. She has a heart shaped face like mine and possibly my nose, and a full set up beautiful lips. AG is questioning where the Gluck gene pool will show up. Still lots of up in the air, such as her coloring, hair, eyebrows etc. But this gives us a good starting point of what she looks like. I had a sneaking suspicion her face shape would be like mine from the first ultrasound, and now it's confirmed. I do know that chin she's got denotes strength of character and willpower. The nose could go either way - it's a little smushed in the ultrasound - and it's part of the body that continues to grow as we age - so who knows. We had a great group of rowdy commentators including: Smesh, Rachel & CC, Elida, Shelaine and the grandparents. I wished we could have recorded the comments as they were the highlight of the event.
We had a rocking BBQ afterwards at our place and I stayed up with Manisha until 1:30 catching up. Sunday was dreary and gray, but we made the most of it by meeting the parents at Philz and back to our place for breakfast. AG and Grandpa Al made breakfast for the ladies. AG, the pups, and I took a much needed nap from 3-6pm before meeting up with the grandparents for dinner in the Castro. We also did a show and tell of Martini's stuff. She has enough clothes to last her for 3 months - just in time to wear a new outfit a day before she outgrows them all. She's going to be one cute and well dressed little girl.
I'm just thrilled about seeing her and can't believe she looks so much like me already. It's trippy seeing characteristics of yourself in this little person you've created. Nature is awe-mazing.
3 comments:
Sorry we missed the BBQ. Newborn baby and 1 year old baby are entirely different. Duh, but we're feeling it a lot lately : ) I can deal with no sleep; it's the running around constantly after a crazy being who likes Trouble with no sleep that gets me.
Anyway, very cool to see Martini!! Can't wait to meet her.
mie
Awsome pics honey, she is already beautiful!
wow, those are really close-up. didn't have that with noi. i can tell already she is going to be so much fun!!!!!
Post a Comment