It was perfect, mellow, sweet and we were all in great spirits and talking about the good old days. Life is changing for all of us, as life does - and more and more, these dinners and get togethers have more significance in my life. I treasure my friendships, and the times we all put together for each other. I know I'll always make time for these women. We were truly missing a huge piece last night - as we all left XT messages on her phone - her birthday is in 2 days!
I reflect on my life today - and can't believe how fortunate I've been to have met all these women who are now such an integral part of my life. It's difficult to imagine who I'd be without them. I have such a charmed life, good friends, a great partner, and now this little girl coming into our lives. I've had my share of challenges, but they don't seem so bad when you have great friends to share the burden and the joys. Life is damn good.

1 comment:
I love how you included saying XT was part of getting together spontaneously for your birthday, I don't know that you meant it, but I know she was there in spirit! It's so great that you're marking all these little occasions so we can remember the time spent, because you know how all our brains are going!
Post a Comment