Monday, March 19, 2007

Super Gluck Weekend

I have to dedicate this weekend to SuperGluck who kicked ass. I am still reeling in amazement at the things he accomplished. Perhaps it was the result of my freak out session last week, or possibly that he's feeling the "nesting" urgency as well. I had a list of "To Do's" and would have been happy that we started and made progress on most of the projects, not realizing that he would finish all the projects.

Starting off Friday night - dinner with Shelaine. As you know, an evening out with the Wangs/Lim clan is quite a production. I'm always amused by them and love their company. For many though, you have to have the energy to hang out with them. They are ADD; talk fast & loud and are super sharp and quick witted. They take over when they enter a room and when they leave, you are left with a sense of calm after a storm. For some reason, I'm one of the few who can withstand such encounters on a daily basis and never tire out. We took them out to Brothers, our favorite Korean BBQ. I had lots of little spicy anchovies and fish cakes with rice and even ate some bbq'd meat. Afterwards we went to watch "300."

Love going to the movies with AG. Constantly reminds me of our compatibility. We love sitting right in front of the screen. We have little problem getting crimps in our necks so we can get the full experience of being in a theater. I have yet to date anyone who enjoys being as close to the screen. Shelaine sat in the very back row.
The movie was good - lots of testosterone - just what Sion & AG wanted. Elaine and I enjoyed the movie as well. The graphics and cinemetography were good, there were lots of beautiful rippling bodies to check out. It was overly dramatic and had a comic feel about it - but that's probably what made the movie.
Saturday morning, AG and I got up and hit the gym.... I even jogged 2 miles and walked another .5 miles uphill. Suprising since it's been close to 5 months since I ran. AG spent time dealing with finances (his favorite), then he installed the motion detector lights while I raked and cleaned up the backyard. When that was completed, we headed upstairs and AG fixed part of the couch that had been sagging for a year. Then we moved the furniture around. 4 hours later, we placed the furniture in a somewhat agreeable position. We weren't quite sure of it, but as we tidied up and put finishing touches throughout, it started to come together. There's still more to be done, but the living room feels more like a living room than it did before. I really love the way it feels. There's more continuity with the colors while facing the red walls. Now, when we're watching TV, we aren't looking out the window at the same time and seeing all the drunks hanging out across the street looking in on us. We languished around for a good hour soaking in the new feel of the place before we headed out again for a St. Patty's day dinner at Colleen's.
Colleen cooked up a huge oven of corned beef and cabbage.... hrm, couldn't get over the huge slab of pink meat. I couldn't try it, AG did and thought it was great. I opted for the smoked salmon pasta salad and lots of fresh fruit. AG and I snuck out right after dinner and the champagne toast. Everyone was toasted and it the crazy St. Patty's day/alcoholic energy was making me edgy. AG and I were happy to head home to the stoner's corner. Hung out with Andy/Allison and their good friend Dana the remainder of the evening. It's amusing to watch your non-sober friends try to play scrabble and continue conversations.

1 comment:

Scott and Christie said...

Love the living room! So glad you got all of that done, go team! I will be around this week, gimme call when you get a chance. Love, C