
To Lenira's baby shower we went (Rachel and I), at the lovely Tameeza's home. Their garden was a perfect sanctuary for the Brazilian blessings. Lenira is 3 weeks from her due date and she looked absolutely calm and beautiful. Can you believe this woman is in her early 40's? After blessing her with sacred water (that had been perfumed with flowers and offered to the deities the night before), we all took turns rubbing her down with oil and massaging her.

Then we adorned her belly with henna

while her Brazilian women sang beautiful songs about the Water goddesses. I couldn't get over how big her belly was and was trying to invision the baby inside. This process is still so very alien and scary sometimes, even though it's also beautiful. Being part of something that has been happening for millions of years, to create something out of your own body, it's such a mind trip. I try not to think about it too much and just go with the flow, but when I do stop to think about it, I get dizzy going in circles. I am thinking of Lenira and wish her an easy delivery and a healthy baby.


This week marks my 14th week. AG and I have our 2nd doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and we are both taking the rest of the day off to finish some loose ends and spend some quality time together. If the weather holds up, maybe we'll go spend the day outside on a walk or something. The wildflowers must be out blooming. I love California wildflowers.
1 comment:
How beautiful, thank you for the pictures!
Post a Comment