Monday, March 26, 2007

Random Monday thoughts

AG and I had a mellow weekend. Took Andy/Allison out to Saha's Friday - I thought I was ready to enter the carnivorous world in full blast... wrong. I don't know exactly what set me off, but I was nauseous throughout dinner. We ordered pizza, seafood, lamb - the entire range. There was a nagging feeling in the pit of my stomache before we went that perhaps I wasn't ready but we really wanted to take Andy/Allison. It must be the spices. I haven't wanted to eat out at restaurants serving anything other than Asian food. Oh well, back to Asian food.

Saturday we spent the entire day in front of the TV lounging. Had dinner with Mie and Tesla in the evening and Manisha came over for 3 hours afterwards. Sunday we BBQ'd for Shannon/Victor and their beautiful baby girl Tally, which by the way is Jewish for morning dew (what a beautiful name). Funny thing is Shannon's Mexican and Victor's Philippino (neither are Jewish). Victor has straight Asian hair and Shannon's is mildly curly. The little girl has a fro! But oy, she was so beautiful with little almond pixie eyes. Looking at Tally, both AG and I thought we could imagine what Baby G could look like - with the beautiful curls and Asian mix. She was quite a handful. She actually kicked the pups - twice. I guess she didn't like Lila licking her.

Later that night AG and I watched "Planet Earth." This is an 11 part series on HDTV of all the most amazing animals and places on earth. What we've seen so far was spectacular; deep oceanic sea creatures, a great white shark snapping a sea lion in 1 second (slowed down to 47 seconds), Tibetan snow leopards (never caught on camera)... Our favorite channels are: Discovery channel (animal planet), History Channel (all in HDTV), SciFi Channel, and of course the Spike Channel with CSI (forensic evidence).

We've begun talking to the belly and hoping that Baby G will recognize our voices and connect to AG. I've been giddy lately thinking about life and how happy we are. As I get further along with this pregnancy, any doubts I had about being ready for this baby is quickly disappearing. AG and I have enjoyed our partying days thoroughly. I don't think it's completely over, but we are more than ready to move on to the next phase.

No comments: