Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Day 105 or 15 weeks (37.5% of the way there!)

Ohh... slowly but surely, meat is coming back on the menu. It's all quite subtle and very unconscious. For example, Tuesday, I was walking to Cala's to pick up some fresh veggies for dinner - and upon realizing that the store had changed from Cala's to a new owner, I recognized how neat and tidy it was. So I began inspecting for other changes. Somehow, I ended up in the frozen food section without knowing why.
I started looking at the frozen dinners and thinking to myself "that Salisbury Steak looks good, I wonder if it's a good as I'm imganing it?" I hummed and hawed for a good 15 minutes over it, making sure I checked all the packaging for hydrogenated oils. I finally chose one from Boston Market.
I popped it in the mini-oven and boy did it taste so so so good. Afterwards, I realized I had just gone from not eating meat to eating the most processed frozen meat; something I wouldn't have even contemplated when I wasn't pregnant, even being the carnivore that I was. It was a relevation that meat is probably back on the menu. As for Salisbury steak cravings, won't have another one any time soon... my stomache wasn't feeling great afterwards.
Monday I made yummy grilled salmon with Vietnamese fish sauce over fresh sliced cucumbers. We have almost finished the gallon of fish sauce my mom made for us during the holidays. Ari drinks it like water - I've never seen anyone (even a Vietnamese person drink fish sauce the way he does. I swear he was Vietnamese in a previous life.)
Wednesday evening we took Sandy and Carla out for Carla's 35th. We dined at Delfina's pizzaria... amazing pizza and salad - worth the 45 minutes wait.

We ordered 3 pizza's, an endive/arugula salad, and a grilled artichoke starter. Fantastic, the crust was comparable to NY pizza.
On another note - I've started to recognize another pregnancy symptom - short term memory loss. So far it's just little things, like believing without any doubt that this weekend was the 31st and trying to comprehend why I scheduled overlapping social events. AG, who has always been dependent upon me for our social calendar, was completely confused. I confirmed with Mie and other mothers that this is part of pregnancy; that short term memory may not return for years; that AG will need to either learn how to adjust or find another coping method. I'm at a loss on how our lives will function if I'm unable to have full faculties to mutitask - of which short term memory is a huge factor. Hrm, deep thoughts.... ponder.... hrm....

2 comments:

Kokochi said...

I just found out 2 more of my friends are pregnant! So many babies!!

About memory, my worst experience was getting up from my desk at work to go talk to someone...and as I was walking, I realized I couldn't remember where that person sat. Our office is not that big, and I work with him all the time. It was clear that a formally existing path in my brain just went 'poof.'

I think the hormonal reasons for memory loss is over for me...now it's because of sleep deprivation...sigh.

Scott and Christie said...

`Ok first, you look frikin gorgeous. Pregnutsy is serving you well sista.

Love the pic of you and Ari kissin in the background too, cute

The salsbury steak photo is killin me. Why doesn't it have cobbler?

Don't worry about forgetting sweetie, you can't be toni the trooper all the time. Just let yourself be... you are perfect the way you are. It will all come together in the end

love love love C