Monday, March 12, 2007

A Quiet Weekend (part I)





Woke up early Friday morning to spend some time with AG before he took off on his boy's bachelor weekend. Got to hang out with Salim and give him the good news. We'll be staying with him and Nafysa next month when we head up to Seattle.
In the afternoon I had lunch with Carla and little Nathan. What a treat. Nathan's coming into his terrible two's and I got first hand experience of dealing with a cranky child in public. It wasn't too bad except that it's difficult to deal with in public. On the ride home, we ignored his screams in the back of the car. I read in a child psychology book once that you should ignore them when they are throwing tantrams. It did work, after 5 minutes when no one was paying any attention to his screaming, he quieted down. Although he tried again in another 5 minutes, by the time we got home, he had stopped altogether.
Carla was sweet enough to provide me a bag of maternity clothes. I started realizing that my back aches wasn't necessarily from not finding the right position in bed, but possibly due to the fact that my pelvis and everything around that area is shifting. I thought I could go through my pregnancy with a belly band and my old clothes. Couldn't be more wrong. My pants can no longer go past my hips because I have hips now! In reading my baby books (thanks again Karen), the shifting of my pelvis is causing all the back aches.
So Saturday morning, I decided to go shopping for maternity clothes. Here's a dorky picture of me at the mall wearing Carla's maternity clothes.
Earlier Friday night, I headed to the east bay to have dinner with Rachel and Smesh on Piedmont's at a new Vietnamese fusion restaurant. It was good, and the company was even better. It was nice to hang out and chill with the girls, even though I was ready to pass out by 10pm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fabu weekend, and I love these photos! And I love that you find time to blog despite how busy you are and the growing belly!

Scott and Christie said...

You look wonderful!