Monday, March 05, 2007

2nd Trimester





Got a snapshot of this very neat contraption that some father created for his 2 kids. It's very innovative. The kids were snuggled on a bench on top of a skateboard. What's so great is that because it's on a skateboard, the guy could literally maneuver his children any way he wanted. The skateboard turns on a dime and the guard rails kept them upright and safe. Such a Dav Impossible creation, I'll have to forward to him so he can make one for Tesla and maybe us at some future date.
On the corner of 24th and Harrison, a new coffee shop just opened. They roast their own beans and it's quite good. But I have mixed feelings about the coffee place. On one hand, it's wonderful to see thriving businesses start up in your neighborhood, but with it comes gentrification which eventually results in bleeding out the color in the neighborhood. As a homeowner I should be happy that gentrification will increase the price of my home... but the diversity is a huge reason why I chose to purchase and live in the Mission in the first place.

This weekend, AG and I drove to LA for an investment seminar located at Unviersal Studios. We were oh so fortunate to stumble upon the State Cheerleading Competition there and had to take pictures to document this momentus event. There were swarms of them in all colors and genres (punk rock cheerleaders, goth and your regulars). We were really impressed with the shiny bows on their head.
This week marks the beginning of my 2nd trimester. So far it's been great. Still tired but eating more often now. Sometimes I forget that I'm pregnant because I don't have the constant nausea and bloating... that is until I try to zip up my pants. According to the books, Baby G is now the size of a jumbo shrimp (roughly 3 inches) and weighs in at a whopping ounce. We have our 2nd prenatal appointment next Wednesday and our 18th week sonogram April 14th. Very soon, we will know whether Baby G will be wearing pink or blue. People ask me whether we have a preference. According to the Chinese Zodiac (and my father), a girl this year would be a better match for me. AG and I are completely open to either. A healthy baby and an easy delivery is what I'm praying for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's funny, is that my first thought on reading the paragraph on gender was: TT would put her boy in pink! But that's not what you meant...