
After work AG and I went on a date, checked out the new cinema at Century Theaters on Market/Mission across from the Metreon. I had stopped by the Mediterranean place on 16th and grabbed a couple of schwarma's for dinner with popcorn and cokes for dessert.
The Theater is beautiful, of course it's brand new - only 4 months old. With big comfy leather seats that recline and the cupholder pulls up to allow couples to cuddle, and a huge screen, I am so much more inclined to return to this Theater.
The movie was fantastic! I had very little knowledge of the story before we sat down. The trailer had me at the first image of dark, magical, goth visions of Pan. Director Guillermo de Toro wrote and directed this horror/fantasy set in the background of the Spanish Civil War (reminded me of Narnia, but done 500 times better). The tension between reality vs. fantasy, and magic vs. terror was well balanced. I felt pulled into this world immediately. It's a fairty tale for adults. I would not take children to this movie. AG had disturbing visions and dreams that night. It's been such a long time since a fantasy movie was done so well, probably Lord of the Rings. Highly highly recommend this movie, also note that it was nominated for 6 academy awards.
1 comment:
I've always loved TLOR in you my deary! New theater, how exciting! Looking forward to catching up with you this weekend if you have some time. xoxo
Post a Comment