I had my operation yesterday. Ugh, it was a lot more uncomfortable than I thought or than I was told. It's becoming more and more clear that I metabolize everything very quickly. So at the Dentists' office, the novocaine usually wears off halfway through the procedure. Thankfully, I always tell my Dentist (who doesn't really believe me), until halfway through, I raise my hand - per our agreed upon signal, and he gives me another shot.
Same thing with this operation I think. I could feel the cut on my eyes during the first part of the procedure where they cut the cornea to create a flap. Wasn't as bad but still could feel it. The 2nd part was much more difficult as it last a lot longer and my eyes were so teary from the pain, that I had a difficult time continuing to look into the bright lights and the red dot (laser). By the end of the procedure, my eyes were burning, the vicodin had worn off and I was in pain. Thankfully AG took great care, brought me home, blocked off all possible lights. I felt like a vampire.
When I was able to ingest the 2nd vicodan, it was much better. I woke up 5 hours later - took off the bandages, and although my eyesight was still blurry, I could see better, and possibly the same as if I had my glasses on. This morning, at my post-op appointment, they confirmed that I was 20-15. Better than 20-20. Still healing, it could get better, could get a little worse, but thankfully it's all over.
Elaine has hers right now as we speak. Oh boy, I hope hers goes better than mine.
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome! my lasik was the best thing I've ever done for myself.
And thank god for vicodin. I can't believe I was taking 2 every 6 hours for weeks, but it sure saved my days.
mie
Glad you are feeling better now sweetness, what a great thing that you have done for your self. Sorry for what you had to go through though.
Soooo great to talk with you guys the other morning, it was the best best best eva ; ) xoxo
Post a Comment