Monday, April 24, 2006

Happy Bday Helsley and Congrats KAT

This weekend I honor two big events in the lives of my amigos. Saturday night we celebrated KT's and Azita's engagements. She's ready to move on to the next phase of her life - wife and mother.

Also, happy birthday to my beloved Helsley. I can't imagine what my life would have been like without knowing them. They've loved me and supported me and helped shape who I am today. In return, I've taken them on journeys to which they've alarmingly followed me without question. The amazing friendship we share is uncommon. I know it is, even in the liberal circle that I flitter with - it's rare. There is no judgment among us, there is only acceptance and support and hopes that we will all find happiness, fulfillment and love. And through it all, we have each other to lean on, to share our thoughts and heartaches, and to recharge when the world has taken a little too much from us.

They are both kind, generous and good souls that balance out my cynical and often opinionated self. They give me hope that people are intrinsically good. I hope their partners can recognize their beautiful spirits and appreciate their strengths b/c I'd be a meaner and uglier me without them.

PS - I love this picture of them... as it represents one of the many journeys where Helsley entrusted his mental and physical well being to me and KT allowed me to dress her up in my BM outfits. Posted by Picasa

No comments: