Thursday, April 13, 2006

Confession for a Consession?

2-3 years ago Smess had a birthday party for SuperHeros and SuperFreaks. This was my CandyGirl outfit... I didn't get a lot of confessions, but I did give away lots of consessions ;).

I've also been tagged by my dear friend Kerry and I'm responding because I've enjoyed what I've learned about from other friends who've been tagged.

Four jobs I've had in my life (especially interesting or unusual ones!) : oh gody, my career has not been interesting
1. Picking strawberries for the summer - got into lots of strawberry fights and I made lots of strawberry jewelry (strawberry necklaces and rings were my favorites)

2. Camp Counselor at the YMCA - for all ages from 6 month old to 13 years old when I was 14... they never knew my age, if they did - I'd have mutiny on my hands

3. Cocktail waitress at the Waikiki Hilton Hotel - right on the water - made tons of money, got lots of attention and even met some movie stars... and learned how to order my drinks: beer first, well drinks next.....

4. Mama to two daschund puppies - this is a job for another 18 years!

Four Movies I would watch over and over:

1. Shawshank Redemption - uplifting and reinforces patience and what you can make of yourself given the hardships one must face in one's life

2. Baraka - keeps my yearning to travel close and alive

3. Charlotte's Web - I choke up every time Charlotte dies, when I was younger I loved Wilbur, but now I see him as a whining ass... I have grown fond of Templeton the Rat - he's a no-nonsense type of guy

4. The Lord of the Ring trilogy - especially the Two Towers

Four places I have lived:
1. Seattle, WA
2. Boston, MA
3. Longview, WA
4. Honolulu, HI

Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. old Sex in the City episodes

2. Friends - still makes me laugh

3. Extreme Animals - I just saw an episode on parasites... it's morbid and horrifying - like the bott fly that lays eggs in mosquitos, which then lays eggs into humans and large maggots the size of small gobstoppers develop right underneath the skin, and looks like huge boils. if you pull them out without cutting into the skin, you leave the bulbous part of the maggot inside which rots and turns - you know the rest...Ari got grossed out and day and gave me an ultimatum... turn the channel or he was leaving... i'm fascinated by the world of insects.

4. Extreme Houses - this is a new show that blew me away. Seeing some amazing houses that has secret chambers that people found AFTER they purchased the property. Also, people hid treasures in secret compartments... so exciting.

Places I have vacationed/travelled:
1. Pai & Kho Somui, Thailand
2. Hanoi, Vietnam
3. Paris and Florence
4. Sayulita, Mexico


Four Websites I visit daily: (or too much)
1. Craigslist - I'm addicted, really I am.
2. Gmail
3. Friends blogging sites - addicted now too
4. Friendster - so I can play Text Twist (an annagram game) - yes, I'm addicted


Four of my favourite foods:
1. Soup - almost any type (especially with noodles) except for cold soups
2. Vietnamese food - can eat anytime
3. Crab - oh yum
4. Hearts of Palm in my salad


Four places I would rather be right now:
1. Pai, Thailand
2. Anywhere exotic and lush where I can put a flower in my hair and wear itsy bitsy flowing fragments of clothes
3. BM - where i can wear itsy bitsy fragments of clothes
4. On an adventure - through the jungles of Borneo or snorkeling in the Australian Reefs


Four things I always carry with me:
1. Cell phone
2. ATM Card or cash - I've been stuck without money before and was traumatized
3. Candy - I try to have mints or some hard candy in my purse for the after lunch garlic loving breath
4. Digital Camera: right now, I have one for my blogging site... just in case I see something beautiful or interesting I want to blog about


Four books I've read and love:
1. Ann of Green Gable
2. Wuthering Heights - anything from the Bronte sisters
3. Freakonomics
4. Blink: the power of thinking without thinking


4 Guilty pleasures (this is a new category I've included cuz I think it's fun):
1. Gossip magazines about famous people - Ok, I don't buy them, I only read them at the checkstands
2. TV shows on forensic evidence and biographies of serial killers - morbid morbid morbid
3. Most Extreme Elimination TV show - Right you are Ken
4. Salty prunes, spicy calamari jerkey, sour patch candies, and junk food that is spicy, salty and sweet at the same time
5. 1 more -jackets, anything fuzzy - like jackets, and sexy costumes and Indian jewelry and fabrics

People I am tagging that I think will respond:
1. Padma
2. Helsey
3. Ari
4. Colin
5. if you're received this email Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Scott and Christie said...

Thanks for sharing all of that TT, that's a LOT of info on maggots though, te he he. I am curious, how do you make a strawberry ring? cutest....