
Every Friday Symantec provides bagels and donuts for the office. It's a sweet idea, but I keep thinking why donuts? So bad for you, that's how I gained 10 lbs. working at the start up a few years back.
Ok, I won't complain too much since it's free... I just wish more companies would think about the health of their employees, fresh fruit and cereal or something would be a much better fare.
Of course, I say this with a snicker while I grab 2 jelly filled donuts and a sesame seed bagel with locks. :) It's been awhile since I partook of the Friday feast - that's my excuse anyways.

I also wanted to mention my adorable little Bodum French Press. AG got me hooked me on French pressed coffee and I'm ruined for life. No more coffee made from a regular coffee maker... no sir, it tastes like shit. We have a larger press at home, but I had to buy this little one for my office since I carpool and don't have access to good coffee.
I can't drink the shit they put near the water coolers any more.Oh ho, the sun is shining and my thoughts are all over the place. I woke up this morning, not wanting to get up when it's so nice and warm in bed - but then the hot shower started to seep into me bones, and as I puttered around my house... feeling so very connected to it and very present. I've always liked my place, but I really really appreciated my little house this morning.. the multitude of bathrooms, the warmth of morning sun shining through my windows, the huge windows in my living room to watch the world coast by......running upstairs into the office to grab my computer and files before heading out the door.
Yesterday, I spent a good hour spraying the aphids on my orange naval tree with a mixture of oil and soap... there are tons of buds on that tree right now, and I can't even go on about the millions of Mexican limes bursting from my little lime tree. All the while, I've been holding my breath, waiting for my gardenia bush - my little treasure - to blossom. That's my little love project - I love flowers and fragrant flowers are exquisite. Oh man, life is so goddamned good. Being in the moment, enjoying what I have rather than clawing to get what I don't have. I never thought I'd have a green thumb, but there's such immense satisfaction in seeing the results of your labor through beautiful flowers and fruits.
Nothing can dampen my spirit today, not even the huge property tax that is due Monday, nor the taxes I have to complete this weekend. Or waking up at 7am this weekend to finish my community hours. And damn, we have another Warriors game tonight. What a rough life.
Yesterday, I took out 2 hours to create a dream box - inspired by a previous exec at Veritas. These dreams and thoughts have been in my head swirling around for years... and it felt so empowering to write them down on a 5x7 card. I'm not sure they will ever come true, but if I put them down, my intentions are there - and I think the universe will provide an inspiration to make it happen. Something is happening here, this year - there's a shift in the energy of the world, and I feel like I'm waking up from a dream. I feel more focused and clear than I have in a long time, probably since I was in my early 20's. It must be this thing called hope or is it happiness? Nah, must be more than that - when I find out, I'll let you know. :)
2 comments:
Oh my Miboni. What beautiful thoughts and things you are doing/having these days. I especially love your affection for French Press and the flowers. Having a garden is such a nurturing experience. I am so glad you are nurturning that part of yourself. I wish you all of your dreams, keep on manifesting sista! Life is Good!
It IS so great to hear you sharing you happiness, keep it up it helps all of us!
Post a Comment