I've decided to cleanse my body of the toxins that's been keeping my ernergy low and created dark bags under my eyes. I've read up and believe that eating less, keeping active and watching what you eat are all required preventative steps towards a healthy and disease-free life. Although I haven't exercised regularly lately, I do watch what I put in the tummy: reducing carbs, eliminating over-processed, fried, or rich foods. Now I shop at Trader Joe's mostly, and purchaes products that are non-hydrogenated, no hormones or additives and free range anything if possible. Still, that is not enough.
Tomorrow I begin my first juice cleanse. AG is heading to NY, Frenchie is in Boston for a month, and Sapna is too busy to notice that I won't be eating. This will be a bit of a challenge for me since I've never fasted before, for any reason - whether religious or healthwise. But I promise to keep a close account of my first experience. It will also help that I'll be in a seminar from Wednesday through Friday. Everyone says that I should be quite high by the 5th day... I hope they aren't exaggerating.
Master Cleanse: Lemon Drink
2 tblsp Fresh squeezed lemon/lime juice (1/2 lemon)
2 tblsp organic maple syrup (grade b)
1/10 tspn cayenne pepper
10-14 oz pure water
sounds yummy huh?
Monday, August 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment