Friday, August 19, 2005

Aliyah Helsley

The new woman in Helsley's life. Oh my, my best friend's little girl born July 17th(?). She's so precious and beautiful. She looks just like him, well, sort of. Can't tell that she's 1/4 African American, 1/4 Irish and half Philipino - but she is and born a whopping 8.6lbs, Halleluja.

I guess I'm getting to that age finally where buying houses and baby cribs are more normal. It's not that being 34 (tomorrow) should be a big surprise. In most other cities and countries, people are going through their second marriages by now and their kids are about 10 years old. But here in good old San Francisco, time has a way of slowing the spirit ... and allowing us to live out and enjoy our mid years beyond most other places. But the time capsule has begun to catch up with my friends and I, and I can more easily see a new regime taking over. The party days are slowly tapering off, replacing it with intimate dinners and a refocus on careers - preparing for that new addition into the family. How pre-destined our lives seem to be, and yet - the twists and turns of how we get there and when we get there - is what really differentiates us - our choices in life - does it shape us or does our reaction to our choices shape us?

No comments: