Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Day 2 - Master Cleanse

The theory of going shopping to avoid the temptation of food doesn't really work in practice only because the shopping mall is filled with tons of food... duh, completely forgot about that since I haven't been shopping in a long time. Also, I rarely purchase food at malls... they are filled with sugar and junk...yum, sugar, yum junk.

Cinnabon caramel cinnamon rolls, pizza, spaghetti, ice-cream, pretzels, mrs. fields chocolate chip cookies... damn. I only allowed myself 5 minutes at each stall to look and smell... it was pure torture, so I ran back into the office.

The rest of day was just as torturous. Office mates left tons of yummy, greasy chinese and thai food from a lunch conference in the break room... I could smell it from my office. Funny how sharp my sense of smell became within a day.

Made it through all the temptations at work... got home, and had nothing much else to do during dinner time. Watched TV, played with the puppies, then talked on the phone for a good hour. Then went to bed, phew, made it through day 1....

This morning - not hungry really... until I got to the hotel for my seminar. Of course there is free continental breakfast with lots of wonderfully smelling bagels, fruits, coffee and donuts. Huh! of all the items listed, I'm craving the bagel the most. What's going on with the carb craze?

Fortunately, I'm really not that hungry yet really.... just craving a lot of things. Am feeling alert, no coffee needed.

No comments: