Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Girlfriends

Rachel and I took XT out for HER birthday yesterday at a Peruvian restaurant in the heart of the Mission "Limon." Great Mojito's and an amazing menu of ceviches. The food was fantastic, the ambience was swanky and hip, but the conversation and the company was even more memorable.

Two weeks ago, they + KT and Mie took me out for brunch - and it meant so much to have them there. To talk about what's going on in our lives, to hear what's going on in theirs. I've become more and more open and aware of how much I need these women and how much I also contribute to their lives. As an "8", I've always thought I could do everything on my own... be my own woman, needing no one - not even a man. But hey, my 33rd and 34th year proved me wrong. I'm glad it's not too late to appreciate what I have.

No comments: