Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday 13th

Too bad this day gets such a bad rep. My Friday has been great even though AG and I have had 3 nights of very little sleep. Our little princess is yes, sick again. This is the 7th time in 7 months and I'm not counting. I know in the end it's good for her immune system to get the workout, but it's killing her parents. Anyways, after a good hot shower and some time with my caffeine buddy, I'm ready to take down the world; or until 8pm whichever occurs first.

Aesha is still in her "Attachment" to me phase. However, if we keep her distracted (with anything) she will forget for a period of time. The other place she is very happy to be at, thankfully, is at her daycare. They truly miss her and when I drop her off, she is so happy, she forgets that I'm leaving. She's only cried once when I left her that, last week when she wasn't feeling great. I had a great revelation driving to work this morning after dropping her off at daycare. I used to feel guilty that I didn't see her for almost 12 hours on M, W and Fridays. But now, I realize, this is her time, this daycare; where she can be stimulated by someone other than AG and I. She's actually happy to be there and there's no reason for me to feel guilty, and that took a load off.

If it weren't for the "going to bed" tantrums every night where she fights us both one tooth and ten nails, she'd be the happiest baby on the block. Oh yes, she is so close to crawling. On her hands and knees often, rocking back and forth but always falling back down... she'll get it soon, and then we'll wished she hadn't.

Life is amazing ---

No comments: