Friday night, AG took over while I attended a seminar with Padma after work in the south bay. It's a seminar on "How to Get out of your Box." Mark Johnson, my VP at Veritas is hosting this new company. He's quite an interesting character and there's much to learn from him, regardless of the form he provides it in. As part of the reading, "How to Talk to Yourself When you Talk to Yourself," I'm realizing that we have all been programmed so frequently on what we can't do, we have been limited and boxed in on what we can do. It's also making me aware of how I want to speak to Aesha.
Saturday we hung out for a bit and by 1pm, AG's friends came into town. It was 91 degrees in the city, and like her father, Aesha does not fare well in the heat. She was tired, hungry and cranky. The heat suppressed her appetite, but she was still hungry, which was frustrating for her. By the end of the day, she and I were exhausted and I took her to bed with me at 10pm. Sunday morning we all went out for a walk to Philz Coffee before AG's friends left town. Then we put Aesha on the floor and away she went... she's definitely crawling now. No longer doing the stomache shuffle, the "rocking horse", nor the back-herself-into-the-corner crawl. She's moving and this is the beginning of a new era for us all. The first thing she went for was the dog food and AG had to sprint to catch her in time before she took a handful. Then I scattered trinkets down the hallway to entice her. She made it with lots of grunts and smiles.
She had so much energy the entire day - we didn't know what was happening. By 9pm, she was crawling all over us in bed and wouldn't stay still. I thought I had caused some brain damage by allowing her to watch some tv earlier, and was relieved to hear from Ven that Jeven had the same thing happen on his first few days of learning to crawl. They are just so excited to be moving about on their own that they can't stop. Finally, I held Aesha down, cuddled in my bed with the lights off and no distractions. She drifted off to sleep mumbling by 9:30pm. She slept all night and even this morning, I had to wake her up to drop her off at daycare. I can't wait to see what she does next.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment