Thursday, June 26, 2008

9 Month check up - new stats

So we have the new stats for Aesha's 9 month checkup. She is 16lbs and 1 ounce and she is 27 inches long. We have a new doctor, Dr. Treece, who AG and I like very much. He didn't push immunization at all and assumed when I said she wasn't getting any shots today that I had a separate immunization schedule for her. Then he was talking TO Aesha which I really liked, and got down to her level while she was on my lap.

Although she is in the 10% in weight, Dr. Treece believes she's fine since her height and head circumference is good. He was also very impressed with her vocalizations since Aesha had a lot to say. Per Dr. Treece, she is very advanced in this area. Of course I am feeling sheepishly proud of this fact. He did request that we do a blood sample on Aesha just to check whether she is anemic and whether she's been exposed to any lead poisoning. AG and I took her afterwards to get some bloodwork, but the nurse there was terrible. First she pronounced Aesha's name incorrectly (which I don't mind) but when I corrected her she said (under her breath) that it didn't matter. I didn't catch this until later. That should have been a first clue. Then she stuck Aesha 5-6 times because she couldn't find a vein. It was terrible, and she didn't show any emotion about it at all when Aesha was crying. Finally, AG told her to stop and that we'd come back another time. We did not like this woman. I was steaming mad after we left. Next time, I won't have a problem requesting someone different immediately if they say that my baby's name doesn't matter!

Last night, Uncle Dave flew into town for an Aikido tournament or something rather. This morning, I had some time to catch up with him while he tried to charm Aesha. We spent a lovely afternoon chatting for a bit before he left for his Aikido.

Tomorrow Aesha and I fly to Seattle for my mom's 60th birthday and Monday we will take the Amtrak down to Portland to visit my dad who hasn't seen her since November. I'm excited for them to see her. The other exciting news is that my sister is 5 weeks pregnant. Exciting because now my mom will have another grandchild to spoil. I'm very excited for them, I know they've been trying for quite some time.

No comments: