Yesterday was a scorching day all over the bay... and especially for es ef. Elaine, Manisha and I decided to meet up in Russian Hill to have lunch. It did feel a little "Sex in the City" with 3 different, but strong aspiring women reconnecting and enjoying the city.
And then we started discussing how hot it was, and the fact that global warming is happening, right now, in our lifetime. It's no longer just a prediction. I like hot weather, and SF is all the more beautiful to me when it's hotter. But I do realize that the temperature elsewhere have become almost unlivable. According to Elaine, in China, it has been over 100 degrees since April. And from her childhood recollection, it was still snowing in April. What does this all mean? More air conditioning, more increase of fuel, more use of the world's energy, more destruction of the ozone layer, and faster acceleration of global warming. It's all so scary.
Friday, June 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yep. It's here...and all the more unbelievable that the US government is dragging its feet, or even worse, going backwards.
Have you seen Al Gore's documentary? That's scary...but very well done and hopeful/inspirational in the sense that we can't deny the reality, but he's not giving up yet. We can/should act.
mie
I am looking forward to seeing that. It is a reality T, and yes M there are things we can do.... in the meantime I can't believe I missed the SF heatwave! RATS!
well, xt, we have to deal with missing you!!
Hugs,
mie
Post a Comment