Friday, June 09, 2006

College Ave - Studio Abasi

Met up with my friend Shannon who owns Studio Abasi www.studioabasi.com on College Avenue. I love her, she's super crass (love her sense of humor) and can you believe she has a 24 year old daughter and is turning 40 this year? She looks fantastic. We met 3 years ago when I got laid off and was looking to get out and try something new - I studied to get my esthetician license thinking I'd open a salon with Ellen. I went through 4 months of hell (the staff at beauty school treat people like trash).

Anyways, Shannon saved me. She entered 2-3 weeks after me and we had the best time making fun of the staff and abusing our knowledge against them as much as possible. We weren't trying to be obnoxious really, we just were so fed up with the abuse they laid on the poor students who had very little grasp of the English language. Shannon has done bridal makeup for years before getting her license and she's one hell of a make up artist. We used to have the best times me giving her facials and her applying makeup on me.

She also does eyelash extensions (which can last up to 2 months) and airbrush makeup which lasts for 15 hours and is great for brides or weddings. I've booked her for a try for KT's wedding on the 8th. I've forgotten how quaint and gorgeous College avenue is... after lunch she gave me a facial... and the services she provides is more than what you'll get from most esthesticians... I highly recommend her. She's great with skincare and she's developing her own line of skincare. I definitely intend on scheduling regular times with her. Posted by Picasa

No comments: