Last weekend we celebrated KT's bachelorette-hood staying at Grandma's house in Russian River. It was the funniest little house - more like a storefront turned into a rental. From the brochures, it looked so posh - leather couches, dark wood. But when we got there, I could now see why it was named Grandma's house. A mishmash of every type of used furniture and paintings.. doilies, stitched home sweet home sayings that were framed. It was a large house though - the bedrooms were all huge and spread out. We had our own private beach in the backyard and that was what made it so nice.
Friday night I cooked dinner and it was sweet and intimate. KT, XT, rachel, Smesh, and our token fag Peter. Beth and Chris arrived much later. We played board games, games of pool and just drank red wine and enjoyed the company.
Saturday morning Charmaine was the first to arrive. I liked her immediately. She was grounded, interesting, traveled around. Just felt that her neurosis wasn't so deeply rooted that it blocked out her ability be considerate of others. Dorothy, Azita, Jenny and Emily arrived much later. I don't know what I was doing most of the time. I did catch up with everyone here and there - but when I get into a large group setting, it's always easier for me to hide.
It was a lovely lovely weekend away, and catching up with the girls was nice.
I used to be so gaga over hot tubs, but am finding that it's not the cat's meow anymore. What would I rather have? A beautiful garden filled with roses. That's what I loved so much about this area - there were wild overgrown flowers and rose bushes everywhere covering trellised arch-ways that hid summer cottages - so quaint so quaint.XT and I had a nice little ride back home to the hood and caught up with AG who got us hooked on the 4400 series on the Sci-Fi channel www.usanetwork.com/series/the4400/.
And today I'm celebrating 6-6-06 and reading the Guardian to help understand the issues on election day. And we are looking for a new roommate. It worked out well that Francois is leaving. He's been a pretty good roommate in that he stayed in his room most of the time. But we were looking for someone who had a more active life, was more socially aware and wasn't so opinionated. I'm happy that he chose to leave and go back to Montreal - no hard feelings, but I almost jumped up for joy when he told me. So we are meeting one guy tomorrow night and a handful of people on Thursday, many of who are quite young. We are a little concerned about the age difference as people in their 20's tend to party a lot more... but as long as they do it elsewhere - which I clearly stated - perhaps it will be nice since they will not be around so often. In either case it's exciting. The front runner is coming over tomorrow night - he's 34 (our age, thankfully), been living int he mission for 10 years (love that) and has a serious gf who has her own place and he's there more often but just not ready to take the plunge to live together (which works for us). Would be nice if he stayed for a year, cuz it's my goal for us to make enough money that we don't have roommates within a year.
Next year - so much happening next year... This year is busy b/c I'm preparing for next year.
1 comment:
goodluck with your roomie honey and thank you so much for our time together and your incredible hospitality- you rock !
Post a Comment