Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Friday Night at Dosa's

Friday we hung out with Sandy/Carla - after a 3 month hiatus. While waiting for a table at the popular south Indian restaurant Dosa's www.dosasf.com on 21st and Valencia, we hijacked to the Velvet Canteen on 23rd street. It's a new Mexican bar/restaurant that has great fruit margarita's. We ordered a raspberry margarita, but ended up with blueberry instead - tasty.

Here's the boys trying to give us a good rendition of the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil."

And in return, for their amusement, Carla and I puckered up.

Carla and I were roommates at the notrious Dorland house. Notorious because we only lived there for 6 months and so much happened. I had a very sexy lingerie party there and lots of eerie spooky things happened to all of us. We heard voices at night whispering in our ears, we had bad dreams, and we always felt watched. I hated going home and spending the night by myself. It was a very dark time in my life. I was laid off, broken up and going through the darkest parts of my Saturn Return. To this day I wondered if living in that house had any influence on what happened to me.

The minute I moved out of there and into the De Haro house, everything changed quickly. Life was bright again, and I started working, even if it was temporary. More importantly my hopes and dreams returned. I was planning a 3 month trip to Thailand until I started working for Veritas... and the rest is history. Carla and I had our moments as roommates, and became closer once we moved out.

Now, she's married to Sandy with a 9 month baby Nathan. They are one of our favorite couples to hang out with. Sandy - the ever herb lover, and Carla who is a little kookie. But I love crazy people, they are so fun to hang out with. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Scott and Christie said...

All I remember is smudging and spreading salt around your house to protect you.... geesh girl what a freak house that was, and I like the creepy too....! Good to see Carla and Sandy out and about! How was your date? Wanna talk to you bout this weekend, call me!