Got into NYC last night after a grueling day of travel. Had finished packing at 12:30 and got up at 4am. Fed the pups (gave them an extra bowel of chicken outside - I'm sure they were pleasantly surprised). Flight from OAK to Chicago was a blurr. When I finally got dropped off at the apartment on West End and 81st (I had a sinking feeling this was going to happen, but when it is actually happening you just can't believe it, you know?) one of the passengers on SuperShuttle had mistakenly taken my bag. Driver was unsure what to do, but I wasn't going to let him leave until I got my bag back cuz I know how this works - I might not see my bag until I'm ready to leave on Sunday. So while he was calling his office to determine protocol, I grabbed the remaining bag, got the name off the tag (remembered his name and that he was dropped him off at the Waldorf)... called the hotel, got his info and exchanged bags within the hour.
AG and I walked around a bit, then ate at Monsoon's, a Vietnamese restaurant he'd been wanting to take me to. Afterwards we snuggled up (brrr, it's freaking freezing here) in the apartment. It has an amazing view on the 20th floor.
This morning we took the subway to his office on 34th and ran smack into the St. Patty's Day Parade. Last time I was here there was a parade also... NYers love parades I'm guessing. I liked watching the bustle of people jostling through the streets, it's quite festive. I also had a really great bagel for breakfast... how do I like my bagels AG asked me? Well, it's gotta be soft to bite into and chewey and a little bit of a crunch just as you bite into it.... yeah, yum. It's a fun city, lots of energy and always something going on. I could see us living here if we needed to - but I'm too in love with SF and the bay area.Tonight, we get to hang out with Karina and Stephan, her daughter Jett and the little guy that's snuggled in Karina's belly. Then off to someplace in the city for coffee, dessert and a romantic stroll in the Village - just us two...
1 comment:
ok wait omg you are blogging from nyc! what a treat! you are making me jones hard for nyc. Bagels? ST patty's parade, you are taking me back lady. Enjoy, take it in, it is Electric!
Post a Comment