
Finally had a few minutes to lay in the sun. This is the pool at the Caribe Resort (www.
cariberoyale.com).I'm not fond of resorts, they are scary. Resorts are structured so you don't want, need or can leave, so they can suck up all of your money. That concept alone should scare any traveler. Additionally, it's completely counter-intuitive to the idea of traveling. Traveling should have you experiencing something different, see something new. Traveling should be an adventure. Being in a resort is comparable to living in a dark bubble. Two words: "Tourist Trap." So yeah, I'm a little bored here. The conference was so packed with activities, I didn't have time to get outside of the resort.
However, I did get out and last night and went to a bar by myself. Haven't done that in awhile and it's different. People look at you a bit oddly. But I enjoyed the beer, the music and the fact that I wasn't in the dark bubble.
Wished I had time to drive down to Miami, anywhere near the water. Maybe next month when AG travels here for a conference I'll tag along, maybe....
1 comment:
No beach lazing for Toni! I know that so well about you girl, you need to get out there and see everything. I love that about you, when we travel togtether you really inspire me to try things I wouldn't usually do on my own. We miss you here! Come home!
Post a Comment