Horoscope for the day: "Quite a few dramatic changes have been occurring in your life lately, but fear not -- they're all a part of the process. The universe wants you to realize your true path, and it's urging you to let the creative sparks fly. "
After my community service, got home, showered and waited for Helsley to arrive. The three musketeers trekked a block and a half to Napper Tandy's for drinks and catch up - and it almost felt like old times. It's funny to think back how long Helsley has come into town and the three of us got together from our busy lives to catch up and share. It's been 8 years since I've moved to SF and our lives we've all gone our own separate paths, but yet the love and admiration for one another has only deepened. I'm not sure how much longer these forays will last. I can see Helsley and I continuing this - but the third musketeer is surely dropping out soon.
After KT left, I dropped some quarters in the CD player and we listened to some oldies. Lots of people make fun of my music but not Helsley. He's the only one who loves my music. So he validates me in that way. Met up with KT and Merhdad at Saha's for dinner. Marmee took our reservations and sat us in a plushy corner. After an amazing meal, Mahamad personally came out and sat with us - which always feels great to know the owner and chef. At Rye's we attended Rachel and CC's Kiss party (for their birthdays). It was crowded and I was shell shocked. Hadn't been in a bar for so long, the loudness, the energy, the craziness took me back a bit. We hung out until 1am, then headed home to do some real partying. Shelaine came over and the 5 of us hung out until 4am. Helsley and I had a really great time catching up. AG is a very rare person. He not only understands my friendship with Helsley he nurtures it. He gave Helsley and I some time together to catch up at the end of the night - which I really needed and really appreciated. After the baby, Helsley hasn't been able to come up as often, so the times that we do have together, are cherished even more.
It got me thinking, where will we be in 5 years, 10 years? Last night, after spending the day napping and vegging out in front of the tv, AG and I headed downstairs for some bonding. He read 5 chapters out loud to me from "Way of the Superior Man: Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work & Sexual Desire." AG stumbled upon it this weekend when he was cleaning out his storage unit. First, it was just really nice to turn off the tube and reconnect. Second, it's really fun to have him read to me - that sparks deeper conversations. Third, even though the title states that it's for the superior man, lots of good concepts rang true for me. But you know, I've got more of the masculine. It sparked a good conversation about what we want this year to be. More and more, I've come to realize that you can live your life just letting things happen to you - which can be loads of fun, and/or you can set out some goals and make things happen. It's best to find a cohesive melding of the two - but it's the first time I've done that with a partner, and it feels pretty damned good.
Monday, February 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is so exciting to see you feel powerful enough to put what you want out there! Inspiring as usual, my dear...
Beautiful sweetie. I heard your real voice here, so honest, so real. Love that you guys are reading that book together, and yes sweetie, you are totally a superior man! tee hee hee
thanks for your support this weekend btw needed it!
Post a Comment