
Results of the root canal - not as bad as I feared, not bad at all. Matter of fact, my godamned filling hurt more. Xanax, laughing gas and novocaine rocks. My endodontist, Dr. Woo had the state of the art facility, with 100 movies to choose from while he scrambled the nerves of my tooth and sucked it out. I selected Fantastic Four - something fun with no thinking required, and something that I could care less if i remembered.Saturday afternoon, the family took off for Humboldt to visit Grandma Gluck. Arrived in the evening with time to take all the kiddies for a walk before departing for a Jazz concert. Sunday we perused Eureka's waterfront and ate breakfast at a restaurant/bar/bed&breakfast owned by the family of an infamous girl that AG and friend dated. (This is a scandalous and juicy story, one which I hope AG will allow me to tell our children some day.) That could have been an interesting brunch, but I didn't get to meet the infamous Diane. Darn! There's this wicked part of me that wants to know what AG was like as a teenager. He told me lots of stories, but it's never the same. It's better getting the ex-girlfriend, teen view.
While there, we came upon a cute little store that had some whimsical cards. I found the name of the artist, Patience Brewster (this is not a pen name). Her great great great grandfather was one of the original Puritanists on the Mayflower. Check out her website, it's pretty darn cute - it wasn't just her illustrations that were great, but the captions that went with it.
On the ride home, I had a great time driving and racing against a soccer mom in her mini-van while AG was sleeping. Unfortunately, I was so engrossed in steering with the winding roads that I didn't realize how naseating it could be in the driver's seat. Um, sorry honey.
1 comment:
I so wanna hear the story about Diane, juicy! Glad you are feeling better sweetie. I love this illustrations! Can't wait to see you tonight, xoxo
Post a Comment