She's growing fast, and her smile is as bright as her dad's. I wonder who she will be more like.AG and I spent this weekend with the pups, my brother Hung (who just moved to SF and into a cute one bedroom in Alamo Square Park), and some of AG's friends. Friday I cooked seared Ahi for Hung and Elaine. Saturday AG and I lounged at home all day, then I forced us to shower at 1opm and head out. Elaine heckled us too much for staying in and not going out anymore... It didn't matter where we went, we just needed to get out of the house, it's too easy to stay at home and do nothing and I'm not losing another precious weekend night staying at home. It makes me lethargic the next day.
So we headed out on foot, peaked into the Phone Booth, then got a txt from his friend Gammond. Hopped into the car with a bottle of Sky Vodka and some chips to Gammond's house. Hung out with Molly (G's girlfriend), Tasha and Danny (G's brother). Started off playing monopoly - but the boys got bored and left us girls hanging. The rest of the night, we talked, asked a lot of questions and had ourselves a great time. Although the Asian in me was brought up not to ask direct questions about personal issues, the American in me wants to know and asks when I'm curious.
When I'm interested in someone, I like asking a lot of questions about them. Not about the weather, what they do for a living etc... but more about who are they? what do they believe in? what makes them tick? how do they view themselves? what do they fantasize/dream about? These answers and the manner in which they answer them are fascinating. I get a lot out of their responses, and sometimes their reaction is quite telling. I've toned a lot of my questions down or I set up the question so that it would be more positively received. People are so vastly different, so the same and so fascinating.
Sunday we headed to Dolores Park with the pups, with a pit stop at Tartine's of course. Their Macaroons and chocolate pudding are to die for.
No comments:
Post a Comment