Last night, on a whim, I had Elaine, Manisha and Elida over for dinner. I hadn't seen Manisha and Elida for months, and Elaine and I hadn't spoken for over a week. I missed them. My weekdays are spent working too hard and the last several weekends AG and I have been trying to get the house in order and traveling to see family.
It was nice to have the girls swing by impromptu. Easy dinner of salmon, some lemon drop drinks by Elaine and lots of wine, and dessert from Trader Joe's paired with nice conversation. AG and I have been getting Aesha on a sleep routine, but the last two days we've gone a step further by trying to get her to soothe herself to sleep without much assistance from us. It hasn't gone that well as she screamed for 45 minutes each night. We sit there, letting her know we love her and that we're there. Last night, she fell asleep in the middle of a scream. I almost laughed as I watched her, but I was too tired. Her screams can put raise the hair on the back of my head. I'm sure it wasn't too pleasant for the girls either to listen. Breaks my heart, but we really need to get her to the next level of sleeping. Tomorrow she and I fly to AZ while AG flies to NYC. I hate breaking up her routine, especially since we've just started a new twist, but we'll do what we can.
Point of the story, I miss hanging out with the girls and it was nice to see them. Can't wait for Aesha to have her friends come over and watch her with her girlfriends.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment