Wednesday, April 09, 2008

2008 Is going to be a fantastic year

I have a feeling that 2008 will be a great year. It's taken 6 months for Aesha's lucky golden pig energy to kick in, but I'm feeling something. As some people know, I've been interviewing since the beginning of the year - here and there - and there's been some interesting possibilities, but either the salary wasn't commenserate to my current situation or they wouldn't let me telecommute. My ideal position would be in the city making the same or more than my current position. I had several offers, and it was difficult for me to stick to my goals because I want out of my current position so badlly somedays. But having a family now that depends upon my income and my time, I couldn't take something less than what I set out to get. It's been a long time, 4 going on 5 months and now there appears to be some possibilities shaping up that I'm very excited about.

Anyways, I can't talk too much more about it since there's still interviews and things to go through but I wanted to be able to post it here, to talk about something that's super positive in my career life. If I get this position, I'll be making more AND working in the city. I guess the moral of the story is to hold out for what you want, don't settle. I'm a huge proponent of this moral in my personal life, but have settled a lot in my career due to financial needs. I've gritted my teeth so many times at work - wanting to hand in my resignation, but it feels good to hold out for a hero.... heehee.

That's working life - super busy and emotionally draining. On the home front - it's quite blissful. Coming home from work and picking up our little monster really does make my day. I completely forget about work quickly as I feed her and prepare her bath then AG puts her to sleep. Then we have some adult time - watching tv and vegging out mostly. We are too tired to do much else during the week. The weekends, we have been working on the house - it's coming together. Aesha's bedroom is almost complete and we've been having her sleep the first part of the night in her room, until she wakes up - then she comes into our bed. I have never spent so much time with one person and we never argue - AG is an amazing partner.

Next weekend we drive to Humboldt to visit GM Karen and I am hoping to get much needed rest. The following week, Aesha and I fly to Arizona to visit my sister and my mom who's flying in while AG flies to NYC for work. Before you know it, it's May and we are almost halfway through the year.

Oh yes, Aesha is sitting up on her own now - minutes at a time, but strong. She babbles to herself constantly and loves sitting in her walker, facing the window and watching people go by. She loves things on strings, and tags as well. Her current favorite toy is my work badge. Last night she was so tired, she was cranky and crying while I was feeding her. I continued to feed her and she continued to eat and cry at the same time, which I find amusing. And we've hung up the jumper on our door frames and she's having a blast jumping in it. I wouldn't be surprised if she starts crawling soon - she's a go getter and likes to move around.

I hope next time I post, it will be confirming positive news... until then...

2 comments:

Kim Carlson Art said...

hi toni!
great to hear all your powerful energy. i'm dreaming of the day hideto and i and noi have our home and can do just what you are talking about- say a prayer for us, we are almost there! here is our blog:
Hi!
Here is our blog:
http://bodhisattvababy.blogspot.com/

big kisses to you 3.

Scott and Christie said...

I love the "jolly jumper" ,that what we called it when I was a baby anyhow. so good to hear your positive good news and looking forward to hearing what is next on the horizon for you. I completely believe in holding out as well, way to manifest your life! Have a fun trip love....