This weekend was hot and gorgeous (in the 80's). Friday night - came home and AG and I hung out watching tv for 15 minutes. I was so tired from my week - 2 days of training in south bay and a very long but awesome interview in Campbell - even further south than MV. So in total, I traveled to the south bay all 5 days last week. By Friday evening I was pooped. At 9:30pm, while putting Aesha back to sleep - I fell asleep myself. Rocking Friday evening.
Saturday morning - 4:30am - Aesha woke us up, what a doll, and talked to herself for a good 10 minutes. When neither AG nor I responded (we were just too exhausted), she eventually fell asleep and woke up again at 6:30am. This time, she was up. So AG and I got up, made coffee, had a leisure morning before she caught her first nap at 8:30. We worked on the house all day and even had time to go shopping at WholeFoods. AG and I loved the sampling of cheeses and chocolates. And everywhere we went, people loved Aesha. We got home and continued working on the house. I sifted through tons of clothes - and managed to pull out 4 bags to give to goodwill. Next on my list is the shoe rack.
By 7:30pm, we took a break and headed to Andy and Allison's for dinner and catchup. Aesha did not sleep the entire time we were there. She finally managed to conk out at 10:30pm. We paid for it the next day. Andy's place is in the Sunset district - 42nd right off Geary. Beautiful and serene. We ordered Curry Pizza and had lots of laughs. We miss them - such good people.
Sunday morning - up again at 4:30 our little girl. We woke up with her at 6:30am. AG and I worked on the house some more while she napped and we even had some crazy entertainment in front of our house. At around 8:30am, some guy driving down the street sideswiped 2 parked cars. We watched him get out of the car, check for damages and slowly walked away from the scene. AG called the police and the owner of one of the wrecked cars came out with a bat in his hand. Within minutes we saw a young lady in the car - the driver left her there. He must not have had insurance or been a legal citizen. The entire scene was crazy.
Back to work we went - then because we had so much work completed, we took a break and headed to Kerry's for brunch. It was too beautiful outside, I didn't want to be inside all day. It was brunch with lots of bacon and 2 beautiful girls (one a previous vegan and the other going down that path), chomping on opposite ends of a bacon strip. Oh how Andy would have loved that scene. I had one too many mimosa's and we headed back home. Finished ironing all my clothes, and hung them up. Aesha and I took a ride to visit Shelaine, then to Trader Joe's for a quick run. Aesha had a melt down by that point and back home we went. When she finally went to bed - I cleaned up her room and now our house feels awesome. Not quite done yet. We are still figuring out the downstairs/office and there's still too much furniture upstairs. But for now, it's quite livable, and actually even nice. We are almost ready for guests. However, this weekend we leave for Humboldt to visit GM Karen and next weekend to AZ. Hopefully the first or 2nd weekend in May, we'll have people over!
Aesha is sick with her 4th cold. I sure hope all of this is building up her immune system.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment