This first picture of the Godmother is classic - I love it that Elaine is undisputably regal having her cigarette, a glass of champagne, and looking like the strong gorgeous Godmother who (along with the inconquerable Rachel) threw this amazing Baby Shower for Martini on Sunday. The details were fabulous - there were little piglets everywhere; piglet cookies, soap and (for the gifts), even the wrapping papers had little piglets everywhere. I was completely touched by the amount of work and energy Rachel and Elaine put into this shower. I took a bunch of pictures but haven't been able to download them just yet. These pictures are from KC and Noi who gave me some beautiful Japanese clothes and bedding. I was completely ovewhelmed and touched by all the women who showed up and the advice they wrote for Martini in her Auntie Advice book (which I'm re-reading and treasuring).

An awesome surprise visit from Karina, Jet and Syrus.After the shower, I came home and opened up the beautiful presents that were lovingly wrapped by their aunties. These women have great taste. I laid awake until late thinking of each one of them, how I met them and how important they are to my life. The thread that connects us all - is that each one of these women are strong individuals with a unique approach to life. I can't believe I have such a wonderful group of community in these women and that Martini gets a head start in life by having them as role models and adoring aunts.
She is already loved by so many people.
There are additional pictures posted at http://www.flickr.com/photos/miboni/.
1 comment:
Ok bawling over here... you guys look like you are having so much fun. Congrats mamacita, you look gorgeous!
Post a Comment