The hormone - ocytocin has become a well known little joke between us. Its other name is the "love hormone" and is produced in high quantities to start the birthing process and completes the process right after the baby is born by creating the bond between mother and baby.
Last of couple of days, I must be full of this hormone because I've been giddy and overflowing with love looking at Martini's pictures. It's finally hitting me - this little person that we've created together. Smesh always makes fun of me that I react a lot like a guy. More often than not, it takes a while for my emotions to catch up with my head. I need time to figure out my emotions whenever something happens and I guess that's very much a male trait. I'm terrible at showing vulnerability, even now when I'm almost 9 months pregnant. Thank god AG's feminine side is strong and allows me to be the man ;) - I told him next life, we go back to our previous gender roles - it's obvious someone was trying to teach me a lesson in this life time.
Last night I woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back asleep. I wasn't sure if I was having Braxton-Hicks contractions or whether Martini was just squirming around. I could almost tell the difference and I really thought last night that they were BH contractions. This morning, it felt like a dream, so I'm feeling unsure about it. It's normal to have these contractions as early as week 32 and I'm into my 35th week already. I am hoping she doesn't come too early since we have plans to attend Sara and Dan's wedding. I'd be so bummed to miss that - and to enjoy 3 nights in Healdsburg at a beautiful house with AG - our last little get away before our life is completely changed forever.
Both AG and I got our hair cut yesterday - and my mind is completely wandering all over the place instead of focusing on work. 2 1/2 more weeks before I am on maternity leave and I can't wait - to allow myself the ability to sit and enjoy being pregnant before it's all over. Today I'm in a constant state of bliss - floating above reality. I hope I'm this full of ocytocin when i start contractions - what a high!
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
how lovely of a name you've chosen. i remember when i was at the point you are now i keep thinking about if i could feel the contractions, etc., but now after i had the experience, i would say don't even think about it, because when it's really happening you'll know it for sure, in the very end when you need to be at the hospital for sure, you'll have a pain called the bearing down pain (i'm sure you know this) and that means the baby is ready to come and trust me you won't be able to miss this pain. and even after that pain comes you still have time to get to the hospital, so until then, don't even worry about it. not that you are worrying, but i mean just let it flow....
Yay for being blissed out! Hold on to that high suga! You sound awsome, very healthy, so proud of you. I will be thinking of you so much on Sunday, sending you all of my love and good thoughts. Wrote out my advice to Rachel and would love to contribute to the Doula fund lady. Love love
Post a Comment