Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A little dancing, a wedding and some carnival

Thursday XT flew in and the girls came over early and hung out with me, then we surprised XT by picking her up at the airport with tiara's. Hung out until midnight - catching up before her beau Scott arrived the next day.

Friday night we met up with the crew at little Baobab's for a little mixing and dancing. AG and I hadn't done that in ages. Throughout the weekend we got to meet and visit with Scott more and he's such a great guy. I'm so happy they found each other. I really enjoyed discussing books and raw foods with him. He's extremely intelligent, thoughtful and considerate, and he makes XT super happy. So what can I say except, when's the freaking wedding? Just kidding XT, all in good time.

Saturday we rallied to London & Neil's wedding in Sausalito. The weather was blustery but inside the Women's Club it was warm and intimate and just beautifully done. We received a copy of Nhan Thit Than's (sp?) book on community - one of my favorite wedding favors ever - how beautiful. The dinner was catered by a sustainable, organic caterer. So tastefully done. London looked gorgeous, I love the tatoo's on her back. We had the opportunity to hang out with the old Numinosum crowd, catching up and seeing everyone in their fine clothes. London actually said I looked like a "Knocked up prom date." I love it.


The wedding party had taken up at the Alta Mira Inn and we headed back there for more revelry. Unfortunately, AG and I could only bask in the revelry but the belly got a lot of rubbing and much discussion.

Sunday morning we woke up early to hang out with our neighbors Simon & Christie for Carnival - 1.5 blocks from our house, followed by a bbq upstairs. Ate my first burger in 5 years. (more pictures to be found at my www.flickr.com/photos/miboni) Then my nesting urges kicked in and we moved furniture in the living room and office around all day Monday - to my satisfaction. My next plan of attack will be the bedroom and the kitchen - oh I just can't wait. I need a change of bedroom scenery.

We leave tomorrow night for NJ to attend Sashilya's wedding - and I get to meet Jeven Kelly - pictures to come. On the pregnancy front - we are finishing our 25th week and next week is our 26th - which means I'm in my 3rd trimester. AG and I signed up for birthing classes beginning July 19th on 25th and Velancia called Natural Resources. I have my 5th doctor's appointment tomorrow and am looking into options for having Baby G delivered at Kaiser Walnut Creek which has the best birthing center in the bay area. Also researching cranial sachrum services for me and Baby G which I'm super excited about. Yes, she's been quite active and all times of the day and night now. I've given up tracking her waking periods. Life will be at warp speed for the month of June and hopefully will slow down for us to prepare for her coming.

1 comment:

Scott and Christie said...

It was so incredible to see you all my dear, thank you so much for your love and enduring friendship. It is truly a pleasure to go on this journey with you and experience together all of the beautiful miracles in our life that continue to grow~ *