Monday, May 14, 2007

Week 23 and 2nd Ultrasound pictures

For those who don't think in weeks, I've completed 5.5 months and we are heading into month 6 by June. We had our ultrasound pictures Thursday, it's a little difficult to see Baby G - but this is her - chunkier than when we last saw her 4 weeks ago - weighing in at 1lb 2oz (gained 10oz). Her legs look like drumsticks. I think she was sleeping when we went in for the ultrasound - she was slightly moving, but nothing compared to her activities of late.

I've been able to track some of her sleeping patterns - aka reverse tracking I guess - I can track when she's awake from her activities. Almost on cue at 9:15pm she's kicking for a good 15 minutes - intermittently of course. But more and more, she appears to be awake more often than sleeping. The kicks are getting stronger, not painful (yet) but definitely shocked me a couple of times - the little devil.

There's a possibility that I'm mistaking many of her kicks for hiccups. Yes, she's hiccupping. The following is from BabyCenter: "

He or she is continuing to develop facial features and you are probably feeling a lot of movement as your baby continues to explore its body and world in the comfort of his or her own personal "living womb." Your baby now has eyes that open and close, ears that can hear, and a thumb well worth sucking. If you notice feel your baby making regular, jerky movements, don't panic - your baby has the hiccups! The hiccups are harmless for baby but can be annoying for you if they last for a long period of time."



This weekend (and probably next) we spent tying up loose ends, cleaning house and garage to make more room for the new roommate.

Carla got me this card - and I thought it was hysterical - as well as a pair of cute pink/grey mice slippers for Baby G.

I had written a huge blog Friday about Mother's day etc. and how special it is now that I'm a new mommy - but I lost it towards the end. AG got me 2 dozen red roses for mother's day - and put together some storage units for the garage and cleaned up the house - which is a special gift. We had a great weekend together - even though we aren't out partying late at nights anymore.

Next weekend is Bay2Breakers and we do plan on sharing in the festivities - I might even dress AG and I up for this event. Maybe even the pups - maybe.... they are a handful sometimes.

2 comments:

Scott and Christie said...

Sweet post my dear, and Happy Mothers Day!!!! Cannot Wait to see you and the baby bump, xoxo

Unknown said...

Wow Baby G is getting big! I'm so excited for all three of you!

Emerick