Friday, June 08, 2007

NY to NJ - Jeven and Sashilya's Wedding

How very interesting the way the picture were posted. Of course there are tons of wedding pictures on flickr. But we flew Thursday night redeye to NJ - took a train straight to NY and to the park near AG's office to hang out in the sun and enjoy the weather. I slept on AG's lap on a bench in the sun.





It was hot out and with little Martini on my bladder, we found a bathroom every 1o minutes. Good game. That evening we headed back to NJ to hang out with Jen/Ven/Jeven. He is so cute and so awake. For a 1 month old, he was alert the entire time we were there. Most babies sleep the first couple of months. And he's such a big boy too.
AG and I had a lot of fun holding him and we had some special times catching up with Jen/Ven.
Saturday morning we checked into our hotel in NYC - strolled around the block a bit and got ready to meet the wedding crew on the lower east side for some hip hop dancing. I stayed out until 2am. My feet were killing me by the end of the night, so I had to call it quits... But AG got some steam and met up with Brimeeza to other clubs until 5am. We had a nice Sunday morning together before checking out and driving to NJ to check out XT's place. It was 15 miles from the wedding - and we met her cute Presley. I didn't take pictures, but what a character. It was great seeing where she lived and her surroundings. Although we never caught up while there, I was glad to have checked out Oradell - her town. It was rainy heavily but the East coast NJ lushness was gorgeous in a small town feel.
The wedding was beautiful and fun - and I caught up with all the girls from Mexico. They were excited to see little belly Martini - since the last time they saw me - she was just a red line on a a pee stick. Gosh it was nice to not think about work - to get away from SF and to be with friends.
Next weekend we'll be in Portland for Father's Day and see our families. This month is going by fast.

No comments: