Friday, October 06, 2006

Oh the little girls

Here's an adorable picture I found of the girls. Oh goodness, they were so cute, the most adorable puppies. But I enjoy who they are now because they're older and are more aware of themselves now.Last night we had another girl's night out event, same group: me, manisha, elaine and elida. We tried to get into the new Nopa restaurant on Divisadero and Hayes http://www.nopasf.com/hours.html but the wait was 1.5 hours. It worked out well. We went back for drinks and desserts and hated it. The atmosphere was stuffy and we were the only people of color. The place looked like a Medjool-copycat. We sat next to some stuffy shirts who thought they were dining in the Marina and looked at us as if we were out of place. The service was terrible. The waitress shoo'd us every 5 minutes and she wasn't all that nice about it either. The drinks were good, but expensive and the 1 chocolate pot dessert we ordered was good. But without the ambience, the people and a good, attentive and cool staff... we wouldn't waste our money there again. Too many other great restaurants in SF to offer our money to.We did find a very cool, hip and down to earth Morrocan restaurant two doors down called Ziryal. The owners scurried about and got us a seat within 20 minutes, even though it was also packed. There were tables outside with hookas to enjoy a smoke while watching night traffic pass through. The menu was delicious and very reasonable. I had a seafood melange with clams, mussels, salmon and monkfish for $19. The lamb shish kabobs were also tender and amazing at only $14.Afterwards, we talked a lot of girl shit and continued drinking at Fly Bar. The drinks were so good, so reasonably priced... the great sound system playing nostalgic 80's music put me right at home. I didn't bring my camera, wished I had... but this weekend will be lots to load up... Decompression all weekend and Helsley is visiting. And then off to Mexico next Saturday for a week in the sun Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those were the days! The poopy days! Hope to see you soon, miss you...

Scott and Christie said...

Girls girls girls, I love it! Can't wait , we need a girls week out when I get there. Sorry to hear about your experience at Nopa, how dare they put that in in that hood! I went there in the beginning of spring, and wanted to remind them that it used to be a laundry mat. The other place is much better and I believe family run! Have a blast at decompression and mexico! I will be outta here on Weds so if you are still around I can call you. Big big lovin