Monday, October 02, 2006

Portland Weekend getaway


Here are our two little monsters, still trying to fit into their first bed. Actually, Sienna just enjoys laying on her sister. They still fit.

We left Thursday evening for Portland to visit Ari's family, Al and Chris. It was such a beautiful weekend, I was almost woo'd into the possibility of living there at some point - almost... until I got off the plane and breathed SF air... not quite ready to let go of this place.

Friday AG and I BBQ'd steaks at home. Wonderful dinner. Next day, Al took us to downtown Portland for the farmer's market - and we found a huge gem. 3 dozen oysters for only $15. Oh my, it was so sweet, so delicious - both raw and on the grill... some of the best oysters I've had in a long time, including ones in SF. We ate 2 dozen that afternoon and finished the remaining dozen on Sunday.
Saturday night, Al, AG and I teamed up and cooked a delicious Vietnamese dinner for 13 friends and family. Al made a beef and green bean stir fry and AG & I made: delicious spring rollss, chicken satay and a grilled/charred eggplant dish.

I drank a little too much and crashed out early.

Next day, I had a great lunch with my dad and Yi Dung. We had a lovely bowl of Pho at Pho Hung on 82nd street. Dad and I had a father/daughter lecture on marriage, commitment and stuff - now that AG and are I getting ready to set a date.

Just a wonderful fun filled weekend. They are so sweet and so easy to be with. I have always felt extremely comfortable and accepted from the first meeting.

Sunday night they took us out to a Peruvian restaurant (Andino) in the Pearl district - used to be industrial area with lots of brick buildings, now turned into a very yuppy - hip loft area with wonderful restaurants.
We both gained a couple of pounds after the weekend, only for AG to abstain all day Monday for Yom Kippur. I, on the other hand, met up with Keri for a nice lunch at S. Park.

We finally caught up on her life. She's one of the sweetest person I've met in SF. I've never heard a negative comment from her, no matter what life throws her way. She's just a beautiful and bright bubbly spirit.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Scott and Christie said...

It is the simple things that are so rich, yes indeed! So happy to hear you are doing well, and blawgging again, I missed seeing you! And getting ready to set a date! Wowoweeeeee! Yippeee! Love you! miss you terribly