Wednesday, I boarded the red-eye for Newark, NJ. Got in at 7:30am Thursday morning and picked up by the AG and family Glucks. Drove to the Jersey Shore - specifically Bradley Beach.Moura is a friend of the Glucks, a retired nun with spunk and lots to say. She was actually quite intelligent and super cool. She owned a 5 bedroom house half a block from the beach. Dav, AG and I were blessed with the basement... I say blessed b/c the heat wave was ready to incinerate AG.
Of course I forgot to bring the card for the digital camera, and since we only had 1 car.... no pictures. Bummer. Wedding was beautiful though, very personal, and thoughtful. First wedding that started on TIME - even a few minutes early and we almost missed seeing AG as the Best Man. I had a blast and met everyone's family. Saturday morning we headed to NYC and got much needed AC in our hotel. Met up with AG's family for dinner that night. Sunday morning, took the train to Brooklyn and met AG's great Aunt and Uncle. Really sweet people. We walked the boardwalk on Coney Island and I had my first taste of Nathan's famous hotdogs... so much anticipation after reading Minty's blog and watching the annual Hot Dog eating event. It did taste different than other hot dog's I've had, but not enough to want to buy another one.
PS - I had another dream of Shelaine this morning.... we must be connected somehow. Anyways, long time ago - when I was journeying and going through a rough time, I had mentally reached out to Shelaine and they appeared magically within 2 minutes. Since then, they've been one of my closest friends and I've been having so many dreams of them lately. This one wasn't as weird as the last one. But I was in a dentist chair with an IV hooked to a tooth (I guess it was an innovative way to inject morphine for dental services).. and there was Shelaine, in the dentist office offering advice about - my career, relatinship etc.
1 comment:
Glad you're home, honey
Post a Comment